Evaluation Research Graduate Certificate (online)
Develop skills and knowledge in:
- qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis;
- competence in communicating evaluation results to multiple audiences;
- skills in evaluation project management;
- cultural competence to work in diverse cultural settings;
- competence to conduct collaborative evaluations involving multiple stakeholders;
- professional responsibilities and ethics that guide evaluation practice.
The 15 credit graduate certificate in evaluation research prepares individuals to evaluate programs, practices and institutions in a broad array of fields, including education, health and human services, criminal justice and community development and planning. It is appropriate for professionals who have completed a baccalaureate degree and desire to include program evaluation as an area of expertise.
Who Should Take This Program
This certificate is appropriate for professionals who would like to pursue graduate education in evaluation research. Applicants who do not hold a master’s degree and those who have acquired a master’s degree should apply. End-users of evaluation, such as program staff and other decision makers can also benefit from the certificate by becoming knowledgeable about evaluation utilization to inform practice and to transform communities.
Post Completion Opportunities
The certificate prepares students to work as evaluators in community-based nonprofit agencies, non-government organizations, community foundations, national and international philanthropic foundations, and local, state, national and international government agencies, and to work as evaluation consultants to a broad array of organizations.
Giving to UMass Boston
Promote social justice with a gift in support of the College of Public and Community Service.