For an idea of how your Human Services major course work can be structured, view the sample curriculum. Students also have the opportunity to participate in many community-based internships, as well as the rich variety of electives offered by the university.
To receive your Human Services BA, you must complete the following:
- 120 total academics credits, at least 30 earned at UMass Boston
- UMass Boston general education requirements
Ten Human Services courses:
- The Life Cycle and the Environment
- Human Service Systems for Contemporary Families
- Interventions with Individuals and Small Groups
- Interventions with Large Systems
- Professional Responsibility and Ethics
- History of Social Welfare
- Case Management
- Research and Information for Evidence-Based Practice
- Human Service Policy and Practice (Capstone)
- Professional Internship Seminar
In addition to courses that meet specific General Education and major requirements, students are free to take elective courses that complement their work in the major or satisfy any other interests they may have. The rich resources of the college and the university are open to them.