The IMSD program at UMass Boston is a research-intensive, skill-building, and mentoring program with the goal of increasing diversity among PhD-level biomedical researchers.
- Enrolled as full-time undergraduate student at the University of Massachusetts Boston
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Demonstrate a strong interest in research in the biomedical or behavioral sciences
- NOTE: Individuals who belong to a racial, ethnic, or other group underrepresented in the sciences are encouraged to apply. A primary goal of IMSD is to increase the participation and success of such groups in the biomedical sciences.
The following materials must accompany this application, upload as .PDF or .doc:
- Your college transcript(s).
- Your resume.
- A concise Statement of Interest explaining your interest in biomedical sciences, your career goals, what you would like to gain from the IMSD program, and any talents or skills that you feel have made you successful in your academic career.
- Contact information for two references who will write you letters of recommendation, preferably from professors.
Once your full application is submitted, any follow up should be communicated with:
IMSD Program Office, Wheatley-3-29
University of Massachusetts Boston
Boston MA 02125
Applications will be reviewed as they are received
For questions, contact:
Claudia Heske, Program Coordinator: 617.287.6649 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Skvirsky, Co-Director: 617.287.6617 email@example.com
Adán Colón-Carmona, Co-Director: 617.287.6680 firstname.lastname@example.org