TriBeta Honor Society Applications
Welcome biology faculty, graduate students and undergraduates! You are all cordially invited to join our chapter Beta Beta Beta (TriBeta) Biological Honors Society.
Theta Omicron Chapter, UMass Boston
TriBeta is a national biological honors society founded in 1922, with over 430 chapters and more than 175,000 members. The goals of TriBeta are to promote interest in the biological sciences and to support and promote student research. TriBeta holds national and regional conventions and publishes a journal, BIOS, in which students can publish their work. Chapters have regular meetings and organize activities in the spirit of the goals of TriBeta.
Undergraduate Memberships Criteria
- There is a one time fee of $55.00, which includes a $5.00 chapter fee.
- The member has to be an undergraduate Biology Major, in their second semester, or higher.
- The member has to have taken three biology classes (Bio111/112 + one 200-level course or higher).
- The member has to have taken at least two Biology courses at UMass Boston.
- The member has to acquire a 3.0 average or higher in all Biology courses.
- The member has to be in good academic standing.
This is a lifetime membership and comes with a 2-year subscription to BIOS.
- There is a one-time fee of $45.00, which includes a $5.00 chapter fee.
- Once an Associate Member meets the criteria to become a Regular Member, he/she can change his/her status to become a Regular Member for an additional fee of $10.
- The member can be anyone that is interested in biological sciences but ineligible to be a Regular Member
- This membership ends upon graduation or departure from UMass Boston and it comes with a one year subscription to BIOS.