Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
Effects of Natural Events and Human Activities on Structure of Coral Reef Fishes
PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, 1977.
BS, Cornell University, 197l.
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Woods, W.A. Jr., C.A.L. Wood, J. Ebersole, and R.D. Stevenson. 2010. Metabolic Rate Variation over Adult Lifetime in the Butterfly Vanessa cardui (Nymphalidae: Nymphalinae): Aging, Feeding, and Repeatability. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 83(5): 858-868.
- Beck, G., R. Miller, and J. Ebersole. 2009. “Significance Of Immunological Responses in The Black-Spined Sea Urchin, Diadema antillarum, To Caribbean-Wide Mass Mortality.” Proceedings of the 11th International Coral Reefs Symposium. Fort Lauderdale, FL. July 2008.
- Lawrence, C., J. Ebersole, and R. Kesseli. 2008. Rapid growth and out-crossing promote female development in Zebrafish (Danio rerio). Environmental Biology of Fishes 81(2):239-246
- Miller, R.J. A.J. Adams, J.P. Ebersole, and E. Ruiz. 2007. Evidence for positive density-dependent effects in recovering Diadema antillarum populations. Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 349: 215-222.
- Forman Orth, J., M. Gammon, F. Abdul-Basir, R. D. Stevenson, D. Tsirelson, J. Ebersole., S. Speak, R. Kesseli. 2006. Natural history, distribution, and management of Lepidium latifolium (Brassicaceae) in New England. Rhodora: 108: 103-118.
- Goranson, N.C., J.P. Ebersole, and S. Brault. 2005. Resolving an adaptive conundrum: reproduction in Caenorhabditis elegans is NOT sperm-limited when food is scarce. Evolutionary Ecology Research 7: 325-333.
- Adams, A.J. and J.P. Ebersole. 2004. Influences on recruitment of coral reef fishes inferred from spatial distributions in back-reef and lagoon habitats. Bulletin of Marine Science 75: IN PRESS.
- Adams, A.J. and J.P. Ebersole. 2004. Resistance of coral reef fishes of back-reef and lagoon habitats to a hurricane. Bulletin of Marine Science 75(1): IN PRESS
- Adams, A.J., R.J. Miller, J.P. Ebersole. 2004. Tethers make juvenile surgeonfish (Acanthuridae) vulnerable to attacks by benthic invertebrates. Bulletin of Marine Science 74: 207-211.
- Miller, R.J., A.J. Adams, N.B. Ogden, J.C. Ogden, and J.P. Ebersole. 2003. Diadema antillarum 17 years after mass mortality: is recovery beginning on St. Croix? Coral Reefs 22: 181-187.
- Experimental and comparative studies of adaptive strategies, particularly territoriality and heterospecific foraging aggregation in coral reef fishes.
- Theoretical problems in community structure, empirical study of niche relationships and species diversity in coral reef fishes as determined by adult interactions and planktonic events, and the intra- and interspecific interactions of temperate hermit crabs, their predators, and their ectosymbionts
- The process of acidification in ponds of Southeastern Massachusetts and its effect on pond biota, especially the age structure of centrarchid fish populations.