Faculty & Staff
Katherine Gibson, PhD
Associate Professor of Biology - Plant/Microbe Interactions, Cell Signaling, Cell Cycle Regulation.
Areas of Expertise
Plant Microbe Interactions , Plant Cell Signaling, Plant Cell Cycle Regulation
PhD, Molecular Biology, Princeton University, 2000
BA, Biology, University of Virginia, 1993
Professional Publications & Contributions
Fellowships and Awards
- 2004 Protein Purification and Characterization Course Fellowship, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory.
- 2002-2004 National Science Foundation, Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- 2000-2002 Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Postdoctoral Fellow, Stanford University.
- 1991-1993 Dupont Science Scholarship, University of Virginia.
- 1990-1991 A.P.S.A.C. Fellowship for Undergraduate Research, University of North Dakota.
- 2008-present Assistant Professor, Department of Biology, University of Massachusetts Boston.
- 2005 Visiting Scientist, Complex Carbohydrate Research Center, University of Georgia. Advisor: Russel W. Carlson, PhD.
- 2002-2008 NSF Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Advisor: Graham C. Walker, PhD.
- 2000-2002 HHMI Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University. Advisor: Sharon R. Long, PhD.
- 1994-2000 Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University. Advisor: Thomas J. Silhavy, PhD.
- 1991-1993 Department of Microbiology, School of Medicine, University of Virginia. Advisor: Ann L. Beyer, PhD.
- 1991 Department of Biology, University of North Dakota. Advisor: Roger Denome, PhD.
- 1990-1991 Department of Biology, University of North Dakota. Advisor: Robert Fleischer, PhD.
- 2004 Protein Purification and Characterization. Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY.