Faculty & Staff
Areas of Expertise
PhD, Biochemistry, University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
MS, Biochemistry, University of Michigan Ann Arbor.
BA, Chemistry, Augsburg College Minneapolis.
Professional Publications & Contributions
- Campbell, KL (1977) Metabolic interactions of hormonal steroids and chlorinated hydrocarbons ‑ Effects of neonatal treatment with o,p'-DDT on the development of the steroidogenic endocrine system of the male rat. PhD Dissertation, University of Michigan. Published as EPA‑600/1‑77‑042. Environmental Health Effects Research Series, Health Effects Research Laboratory, ORD, US EPA, RTP, NC.
- Campbell, KL (1979) Ovarian granulosa cells isolated with EGTA and hypertonic sucrose: cellular integrity and function, Biol Reprod 21:773-786.
- Landefeld, TD, KL Campbell, AR Midgley (1979) Rapid hCG-induced changes in the synthesis of specific ovarian granulosa cell proteins, Proc Natl Acad Sci 76:5153-5157.
- Campbell, KL, P Bagavandoss, JA Jonassen, TD Landefeld, MC Rao, JS Richards, AR Midgley (1979) Gonadotropin induction of granulosa cell luteinization. In Ontogeny of Receptors and Mode of Action of Reproductive Hormones, TH Hamilton, JL Clark, WA Sadler (ed), Raven Press, New York.
- Midgley, AR, KL Campbell, TD Landefeld (1979) Development of ovarian responsiveness: follicle maturation and luteinization. Adv Biosci 25. A Kaye, M Kaye (ed), Pergamon Press, New York:149 -163.
- Campbell, KL, TD Landefeld, AR Midgley, Jr (1980) Differential processing of subunits of human chorionic gonadotropin by granulosa cells in vivo, Proc Natl Acad Sci 77:4793-4797.
- Campbell, KL, DF Albertini (1981) Freeze-fracture analysis of gap junction disruption and reformation in granulosa cells, Tissue and Cell 13:651-668.
- Landefeld, TD, MD Byrne, KL Campbell, AR Midgley (1981) Differential processing of the two subunits of human choriogonadotropin (hCG) by granulosa cells. I. Preparation and characterization of selectively labeled human choriogonadotropin, Endocrinology 109:1851-1857.
- Campbell, KL, P Bagavandoss, MD Byrne, JA Jonassen, TD Landefeld, MW Quasney, MM Sanders, AR Midgley (1981) Differential processing of the two subunits of human choriogonadotropin (hCG) by granulosa cells. II. In vivo studies, Endocrinology 109:1858-1871.
- Wood, JW, PL Johnson, KL Campbell (1985) Demographic and endocrinological aspects of low natural fertility in highland New Guinea, J Biosoc Sci 17:57-79.
- Interdisciplinary investigations of hormones, fetal loss, and other reproductive patterns of traditional populations.
- Exploration of urogenital microbe-sperm interactions predicting success or failure in fertilization, implantation, or gestation.
- Development of laboratory independent endocrine and genetic assay methods for field, clinic, or home use.
- Hormone interactions with gonadal target cells: receptors, hormone metabolism, and effects of hormone fragments.
- 2005-2008 Associate Dean of Science and Mathematics, University of Massachusetts Boston.
- 2002 Visiting Scholar, University of Washington, Departments of Anthropology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Zoology, and Program for Demographic and Population Studies.
- 1998 Professor of Biology, University of Massachusetts Boston.
- 1995 Visiting Scientist, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, MIT, Cambridge.
- 1991 Adjunct Associate Professor of Anthropology, Pennsylvania State University, State College.
- 1988-1998 Associate Professor of Biology, University of Massachusetts Boston.
- 1985 Visiting Professor, Lab. Human Reprod. & Reprod. Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- 1982-1988 Assistant Professor of Biology, University of Massachusetts Boston.
- 1979-1982 Research Investigator, Reproductive Endocrinology Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- 1979-1981 Visiting Scientist, Department of Anatomy, Harvard Medical School, Boston.
- 1976-1979 Postdoctoral Scholar, Reproductive Endocrinology Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.