Faculty & Staff
Solange Brault, PhD
Associate Professor of Biology - Population and Conservation Ecology.
Areas of Expertise
Population and Conservation Ecology.
PhD, Imperial College (Univ. of London) (1990)
MSc, Laval University (1983)
BSc, Biology University of Montreal (1978)
Professional Publications & Contributions
My research addresses, often in a conservation ecology context, the processes occurring within the life cycle and the ways that these can influence survival and reproduction at the population level. The current topics are: demography of pilot whales and other marine mammals, and the effect of human exploitation; metapopulation dynamics of migratory bird populations; and the effects of the forms of density-dependence on population dynamics.
Download Select Publications Here
- LaCommare, et. al, 2012: Trend detection in a boat-based method for monitoring sirenians: Antillean manatee case study
- LaCommare, el. al, 2008: Distribution and Habitat Use of Antillean Manatees (Trichechus manatus manatus) in the Drowned Cayes Area of Belize, Central America
- Goldstein, et. al, 2007: Reproductive status and body condition of Atlantic bluefin tuna in the Gulf of Maine, 2000–2002
- Arnold, et. al, 2006: Albatross Populations in Peril: A Population Trajectory for Black-Brownded Albatrosses at South Georgia
- Goranson, et. al, 2005: Resolving an adaptive conundrum: reproduction in Caenorhabditis elegans is not sperm-limited when food is scarce
- Sinha, et. al, 2005: Assessing sustainability of nontimber forest product extractions: how fire affects sustainability
- Pettis, et. al, 2004: Visual health assessment of North Atlantic right whales (Eubalaena glacialis) using photographs
- Cooch, et. al, 2001: Retrospective Analysis of Demographic Responses to Environmental Change: A Lesser Snow Goose Example
- Caswell, et. al, 1999: Declining survival probability threatens the North Atlantic right whale
- Caswell, et. al, 1998: Harbor porpoise and fisheries: An uncertainty analysis of incidental mortality
- Brault, et. al, 1993: Pod-specific demography of killer whales (Orcinus orca)