- Center for Environmental Health, Science, and Technology
- Boston Harbor Islands Center: The Boston Harbor Islands Center links students, educators, researchers, park managers, and community volunteers through compelling experiential learning that is linked to substantive scientific and scholarly research.
- Center for Governance and Sustainability: Based out of the McCormack Graduate School for Policy and Global Studies, the Center for Governance and Sustainability seeks to bring academic rigor to real-world policy challenges in environment, development, and sustainability governance.
- Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness: Based out of UMass Boston's College of Management, the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness aims to understand the interactions between business and environmental issues in order to facilitate the transformation of business practice and culture and enhance decision-making processes.
- Center for Coastal Environmental Sensing Networks: The CESN at UMass Boston is researching the development of "smart" sensor networks for observing interactions of coastal systems in order to help manage our coastal resources and solve current and future coastal problems.
- Fiske Center for Archaeological Research: As an international leader in interdisciplinary research, the Fiske Center for Archaeological Research promotes a vision of archaeology as a multi-faceted, theoretically rigorous field that integrates a variety of analytical perspectives into its studies of the cultural and biological dimensions of colonization, urbanization, and industrialization over the past thousand years in the Americas and Atlantic World.
- Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies: The Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies combines scientific research with an emphasis on marine mammals of the western North Atlantic and on the coastal and marine habitats and resources of the Gulf of Maine with geology research and education, and large whale rescue and conservation.