International Student Orientation
Welcome International Students!
To help with the transition to life in UMass Boston, the Offices of New Student Programs and Global Programs offers a two-day orientation program. The orientation programs are good opportunities to meet your fellow international students and provide useful information for your early days in Boston.
*ESL Students should refer to the schedule sent by the English as a Second Language Program*
Day 1: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Undergraduates: Check-in for your Beacon Beginnings Orientation at 8:00 am in the Campus Center.
Through the day, you will:
- Meet fellow students, faculty, & staff including representatives from your academic college
- Attend a group advising session for an overview of your degree
- Register for courses
- Learn about campus services, resources, activities, and opportunities
- Lunch will be provided
- See the Beacon Beginnings page for full details and sign-ups
Graduates: Check-in for your orientation sessiosn at 11:00 am on the 3rd floor of the Campus Center.
Over the course of the afternoon, you will:
- Meet and network with your fellow graduate students
- Lunch is provided
- Hear from several student service offices across campus
- Click Here to sign-up
Day 2: Friday, September 1, 2017
All international students: Check-in & breakfast begin at 8:30 on the 3rd floor of the Camps Center
- A welcome to Boston from the Mayor's Office for Immigrant Advancement
- Workshop on American humor and comedy
- Resolving immunization record holds and questions with University Health Services
- Talk with various campus offices and services during the morning resource fair
- Lunch is the responsibility of the student (the cafeterai will be open)
Click Here for the campus map
Pre-Arrival On-campus Resources
Questions? Feel free to email InternationalEd@umb.edu. We look forward to meeting you in August!