International Student Orientation
Welcome international students and scholars!
The Office of Global Programs (OGP) is a resource for UMass Boston’s community of international students, scholars, and their families. Your education at UMass Boston goes beyond the classroom. Your health, finances, living arrangements, social activities, and knowledge of campus and the city all contribute to your success here. The resources on this page will help you navigate life at UMass Boston. To help with the transition to life at UMass Boston, New Student Programs and OGP offer new students a two-day orientation program. During orientation students have the opportunity to meet fellow international students, tour campus, learn about their academic courses, and familiarize themselves with resources.
*ESL students should refer to the schedule sent by the English as a Second Language Program*
Thursday, January 18, 2018
Check-in starts at 8:15 am in the Campus Center, on the first floor terrace.
Throughout the day, you will:
- Meet fellow students, faculty, and staff, including representatives from your academic college
- Attend a group advising session for an overview of your degree program
- Register for courses
- Learn about campus services, resources, and activities
Lunch will be provided.
Friday, January 19, 2018
Check-in starts at 8:30 am in the Campus Center, on the first floor terrace.
- A welcome from the Office of Global Programs
- Cultural workshops
- Resolving immunization record holds and questions with University Health Services
- Getting acquainted with various campus resources
Pre-Arrival On-Campus Resources
Questions? Email us at InternationalEd@umb.edu.