- Browse study abroad programs
- 2017 Reduced Cost Summer Study Abroad Programs are open for applications! Earn credits in these 3-4 week programs at reduced price for UMB Students!
- Apply for the FEA Scholarship! Deadline: January 11, 2017 Open to students planning to study abroad in summer or fall 2017 or spring 2018
Welcome to Study Abroad!
"At 7 in the morning, I came to UMASS as usual, and I looked at the sky. What a beautiful sky...!!" Photo by exchange student Izumi Yamaguchi from Japan.
Our mission is to provide UMass Boston students with worldwide study abroad opportunities and to make it possible for our students to learn, explore, and experience studying abroad.
- Visit us during walk-ins (walk-in hours: Tue and Wed 9–12)
- Receive one-on-one advising (call 617.287.5586; email email@example.com)
- Visit information tables
- Come to providers' study abroad fairs
- Attend pre-departure orientations
There are numerous attractive and affordable opportunities for UMass Boston students to study abroad at over 30 programs in 17 countries in Asia, Europe, Middle East, South and North America, Australia, and Africa. Students participating in reciprocal exchange programs at a partner university, pay UMass Boston tuition and fees to attend the host institution abroad. Students can also study abroad worldwide with the approved study abroad providers. We look forward assisting you!
UMass Boston is among the four institution recipients of the 2016 "Senator Paul Simon Award for Campus Internationalization" by NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
When do classes start? When do they end? What are the university holidays? You'll find these answers on the university's academic calendar. Read More