Admissions & Financial Aid
All required documents for application to the Global Governance and Human Security PhD program are required to be received by the Office of Graduate Admissions by the deadline.
In addition to sending all the required documents to the Office of Graduate Admissions applications must submit a copy of all these materials to the department via email at email@example.com.
- Official UMass Boston Application and application fee
- Official transcript from each college and university attended
- Graduate Record Exam [GRE] test scores
Official report from Educational Testing Service: http://www.ets.org/gre
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation from people familiar with your academic abilities
- Statement of Purpose [1500 words]: Statement of your research and career interests and goals; your motivation for pursuing a PhD; why you are interested in an interdisciplinary PhD program; member(s) of the faculty with whom you are interested in working
- Writing sample: Any substantial piece of academic writing of which the applicant is the sole author
- UMass Boston graduate program application requirements
- Additional information for international applicants
Submit application and supporting documents
Visit How and When to Apply
NOTE: If you are utilizing the online application follow instructions for submitting required documents. If you are utilizing the paper version of the application form all required supporting documents, including letters of reference, must be mailed directly to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd
Boston MA 02125 USA
Accepted students are eligible to receive financial support in the form of Teaching and Research Assistantships. Assistantships include waivers of tuition and most fees, plus a cash stipend to help defray living expenses.
Assistantships are limited in number. Applicants are encouraged to seek other sources of financial support for which they may be eligible.