Public Policy Careers
What Can You Do with a Degree in Public Policy?
Graduates of the UMass Boston Public Policy Program hold top-level professional career positions such as:
- Superintendent of Schools, Knoxville County (TN)
- Policy Advisor to a regional office of a federal health agency
- Executive Director of a community organization offering services for Latino immigrants in metro-Boston
- Tenure-track, visiting and adjunct university faculty
- Executive Director of a large, nonprofit child welfare and re-unification agency in Michigan
- Post-doc fellow and environmental consultant at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Regional Capacity Building Director for a national nonprofit, health promotion agency
- Senior Project Manager at Jobs for the Future
- Energy Policy Research Analyst
- Health Planner
- Researcher/Community Liaison at a University policy institute
For More on Careers with Public Policy Degrees
The APPAM web site offers additional information on careers for those with a degree in public policy, including:
- Advanced searches for job listings that match criteria
- Email and RSS alerts when new jobs match criteria
- Anonymous resume listings for employers to search throughout the year
For all this and more, please visit PublicServiceCareers.org.
Giving to UMass Boston
Your gift to the Public Policy and Public Affairs Department will help prepare a new generation of skilled policy leaders who will shape our increasingly diverse urban communities.