Local and Global Engagement
Our scholars explore the complex issues which shape policy and impact communities worldwide, and provide timely and evidence-based guidance to policymakers, practitioners, and community leaders. Their research covers a wide range of policy issues ... and locations, from Boston to Bosnia, from New England to New Zealand.
See recent sample publications and journals edited at the McCormack Graduate School.
Follow this link for a full-screen map of our local and global research and service projects.
Contact one of our specialists for more information on any of the fields below.
- Affordable and Assisted Housing
- Andean Region (especially Ecuador and Colombia)
- Asian Americans
- Banking and Finance
- Community Development
- Community Planning and Organizing
- Conflict Resolution
- Developmental and Humanitarian Assistance
- Disasters and Post-disaster Reconstruction
- Economic Development
- Education Policy
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Issues
- Funding for Social Services
- Global Governance and Human Security
- Government and Politics
- Health Policy and Politics
- Household Wealth
- Immigration and Immigrant Integration Policy
- Immigration and Refugees
- Income and Wealth Inequality
- Information Technology in the Public Sector
- International and Comparative Education
- International Conflict and Negotiation
- International Comparative Public Administration
- International Finance
- International Relations
- Latin America
- Lifelong Learning for Older Adults
- Long-term Care
- Mental Health
- Nonprofit Advocacy and Political Engagement
- Nonprofit Organizations/Nonprofit Management
- Older Driver's Safety
- Older Persons' Economic Security
- Peace and Reconciliation
- Peace Education
- Poverty Policy
- Public Project Impact
- Retirement Income
- Social Development/Social Relations
- Social Networks in Organizational Settings
- Social Policy
- Social Security
- State and Local Government
- Transportation Policies in Massachusetts
- War and Peace
- Women/Gender Issues
Check out our graduate programs and study about these research fields.
Faculty and Fellows
Learn more about our talented team; many of them are path breakers, applied policy specialists, and award winners.
Centers and Institutes
The work of our research centers and institutes is central to our makeup, to great learning, and to our global security and economic future.
Giving to UMass Boston
Your gift to the Dean’s Innovation Fund will help our graduate school respond to creative opportunities as they arise and seed promising initiatives.