Research & Publications
We are pleased to make these policy briefs, reports, and other publications available to the public - many of them are free.
- Sample Recent Publications
- Aging Studies Journals
- New England Journal of Public Policy
- Other Publications at the McCormack Graduate School on aging, governance and sustainability, pension assistance, post-disaster reconstruction, public management and governance performance, social policy, women in politics and public policy, and workforce diversity.
As series editor for Palgrave MacMillan, Timothy M. Shaw, Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security, and Global Governance, is celebrating 30 years of International Political Economy.
Series description: For 30 years, this series has provided top-notch scholarship, valuable empirical research and important theoretical interventions in the fields of international political economy, international relations, and beyond.
J. Samuel Barkin, Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security, and Global Governance penned International Organization (second edition), published by Palgrave Macmillan.
Book description: This book provides an in-depth examination of competing theories through thematic chapters, asking, Do international organizations matter? What are their effects on international relations? Where do they fit into the international relations literature? How should we study them?
The National Elder Economic Security Standard Index, Gerontology Institute
Report description: The Elder Index is a measure of income that older adults require to maintain their independence in the community and meet their daily costs of living, including affordable and appropriate housing and health care. The development and use of the Elder Index promotes a measure of income that respects the autonomy goals of older adults, rather than a measure of what we all struggle to avoid—poverty.
In late March 2013, we relaunched the New England Journal of Public Policy as an open source, online publication.
The journal has published 41 issues since its founding in 1985 and has a distinguished reputation for providing timely insights on important policy issues such as AIDS, climate change, poverty, and war, among many others.
Read the press release:UMass Boston Re-launches New England Journal of Public Policy as Online Publication
- Center for Governance and Sustainability
- Center for Rebuilding Sustainable Communities after Disasters
- Center for Social Policy
- Center for Women in Politics and Public Policy
- Commonwealth Compact
- Edward J Collins, Jr. Center for Public Management
- Gerontology Institute
- Pension Action Center
CSP publishes scholarly pieces aimed to reshape poverty policy.
- Publications, Fact Sheets and Policy Briefs
- Political Representation
- Criminal Justice and Corrections
- Employment, Education and Economic Status
- Health and Reproductive Rights
- Journal of Aging & Social Policy
- Research on Aging
- Age Notes, Gerontology Institute newsletter
- Elder Housing and Assisted Living
- Families in Later Life and Grandparenthood
- Kinship Care, Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Alzheimer's Disease, Adult Day Care, Long Term Care, Home Care, Nursing Home
- Retirement and Economic Security
- Elder Economic Security Standards Report, Retirement, Home Equity Conversion
- Productive Aging and Older Workers
- Productive Aging, Community-residing Elders, Education, The Older Workforce
- Pension Notes, a semi-annual newsletter on pension issues