Work in a wide range of industries and are responsible for providing financial advice, tax planning, and accounting services as a CPA. Help businesses and individuals make investment decisions as a financial analyst. Or, use auditing and investigative skills to detect and prevent financial fraud as a forensic accountant. These are just a few of the possibilities an MSA offers.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Corporate Accountant
- Tax Accountant
- Internal Auditor
- Financial Analyst
- Forensic Accountant
- Government Accountant
- Nonprofit Accountant
Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Applicants must meet general graduate admission requirements in addition to the following program-specific requirements:
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (currently waived)
- Our minimum TOEFL score is 90 and our minimum IELTS score is 6.5
- Statement of intent essay: This statement is your opportunity to show the graduate admissions committee why you wish to pursue graduate study, as well as your specific interest and goals.
Deadlines & Cost
Deadlines: July 1 for fall, November 15 for spring
Application Fee: The nonrefundable application fee is $75. UMass Boston alumni and current students that plan to complete degree requirements prior to graduate enrollment can submit the application without paying the application fee.
Program Cost Information: Bursar's website
Required Courses (24 Credits)
One course from below may be substituted with an approved three-credit graduate course.
- MBA AF 611 - Intermediate Accounting 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 612 - Cost Accounting 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 613 - Federal Tax Planning 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 614 - Financial and Managerial Auditing 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 618 - Accounting Information Systems 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 640 - Accounting Data Analytics 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 650 - Organizational Analysis and Skills 3 Credit(s)
- MBAMGT 664 - The Legal Environment of Business 3 Credit(s)
Electives (3 Credits)
Complete one from below.
- MBA AF 615 - International Accounting 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 616 - Financial Statement Analysis/Advanced Accounting 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 623 - Financial Modeling 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 631 - Sustainable Finance and Impact Investing 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 636 - Applied Econometric Analysis of Business Data 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 637 - Financial Reporting Fraud Examination 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 690 - Master’s Thesis Option Research Colloquium 3 Credit(s)
- MBA AF 699 - Master’s Thesis 3 Credit(s)
Capstone Course (3 Credits)
- MBA AF 691 - Financial Accounting Theory & Analysis 3 Credit(s)
Complete 30 credits from ten courses including seven required courses, two electives, and one capstone course.
- MBA AF 601 - Economics for Managers
- MBA AF 610 - Accounting for Managers
- MBA AF 620 - Financial Management
- MBAMS 600 - Mathematical Analysis for Managers
Capstone: Completion of a research paper as part of MBA AF 691.
Statute of limitations: Five years.
College of Management
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Management.Explore College of Management