Plan Your Education
How to Apply
Applicants must meet general graduate admission requirements in addition to the following program-specific requirements:
Test Scores: GRE
Letters of Recommendation: 3
Deadlines & Cost
Deadlines: January 2 (priority deadline for funding consideration) and March 1 (final) for fall; October 15 for spring
Application Fee: The nonrefundable application fee is $75. UMass Boston alumni and current students that plan to complete degree requirements prior to graduate enrollment can submit the application without paying the application fee.
Program Cost Information: Bursar's website
Elective Courses (15 Credits)
Complete five from below.
At least two courses must be from the list of laboratory courses.
- BIOL 607 - Biostatistics and Experimental Design 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 612 - Advanced Cell Biology 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 615 - Immunology 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 625 - Genomics and Biotechnology 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 634 - Methods in Phylogenetics and Macroevolutionary Analysis 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 664 - Bioinformatics for Molecular Biologists 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 674 - Cell Signaling 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 676 - Advanced Molecular Biology Lecture 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 677 - Advanced Eukaryotic Genetics 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 681 - Network Biology 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 691 - Seminar in Developmental Biology 3 Credit(s)
- BIOL 693 - Seminar in Neurobiology 3 Credit(s)
Complete 15 credits from five courses.
Statute of limitations: Three years
Graduate Program Director Linda Huang
Linda.Huang [at] umb.edu
Alexa.MacPherson [at] umb.edu
College of Science and Mathematics
Learn more about the faculty, research, and programs that make up our College of Science and Mathematics.Explore Now