The Center for Academic Excellence offers courses, academic coaching, tutoring, and mentoring with the goal of helping students to succeed at UMass Boston.
- Academic Coaching: Our academic coaches will help you navigate the college experience, examine your learning styles and strengths, and develop habits and strategies for success. Academic coaches can partner with you to manage your time, develop study skills and strategies for test-taking, and set and accomplish your goals.
- Tutoring: The Center’s tutoring program provides one-to-one and group peer tutoring for over one hundred courses across the disciplines.
- Mentoring: Peer mentors assist with creating community inside and outside of the classroom by sharing their own experiences with students and by connecting students with resources across campus and beyond.
- Courses: The Center's critical analysis courses—Critical Reading & Writing and First-Year Seminars—are part of UMass Boston's general education program. The Seminar for Peer Educators provides training and support for our peer tutors and peer mentors who are embedded in many first-year courses.
- Workshops and Instructional Support: Center for Academic Excellence faculty and staff facilitate in-class workshops at faculty invitation and with faculty collaboration.
Meet the Staff
Center for Academic Excellence/Academic Support Programs
Campus Center 1-1300
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd. Boston, MA 02125-3393