Asian American Student Success Program
The Asian American Student Success Program (AASSP) is an academic support office. Its purpose is to help Asian American students gain admission to UMass Boston and to make sure they succeed academically, personally, and socially while they are here. Come see us for answers to any questions you may have during your time at the university. Feel free to seek our assistance whenever you need it; there is nothing to join or sign up for.
How We Can Help You
- Assist you in getting answers to questions regarding financial aid, class registration, major requirements, etc.
- Provide tutoring to help with individual writing assignments and boost your critical reading and writing skills
- Connect you with a peer mentor who can help you learn the ins and outs of the university
- Provide one-on-one academic coaching to help you succeed in your courses
- Support you through a job search and provide career-development services, including our Asian American Career Development Workshop Series
- Provide multilingual college application and informational materials
- Connect you to student organizations and other on-campus leadership opportunities
- Provide information about scholarships and similar opportunities
- Help you meet other students through community-building events each semester
The University of Massachusetts Boston is recognized as a Minority Serving Institution (MSI) through its designation as an Asian American Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI) funded by the U.S. Department of Education.