Directions for Student Potential
Welcome to the website for UMass Boston's Directions for Student Potential Program (DSP). DSP is an intensive summer program designed to strengthen academic skills, and successful completion of the program guarantees admission to UMass Boston's College of Liberal Arts or College of Science and Mathematics.
DSP is for motivated people who do not currently meet the admission requirements for the University but who demonstrate the potential to succeed at the college level. This is a comprehensive six-week summer program that prepares students for academic success at the University by helping them to improve their Verbal, Math, and English as a Second Language Skills.
How DSP Works
- The program for 2018 runs from June 11 to July 20.
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday, day or evening.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Although there is no tuition for the program, students are required to purchase books and other course materials.
What DSP Offers
- The advantages of working closely with UMass Boston faculty, advisors, and tutors
- Small classes
- A special curriculum for ESL students
- College Success Workshops
- Advising and registration for fall semester classes at UMass Boston
- The opportunity to make new friends and become part of the UMass Boston community