Placement into Classes
- Verbal Skills: Students are placed into levels of verbal skills according to their performance on an in-house essay exam. This test measures critical reading and writing for college level texts.
- ESL: Students whose first language is not English take an in-house essay exam designed to measure critical reading and writing in English. Students may or may not be placed into DSP's ESL track.
- Math Skills: All students are required to take a math placement test prior to enrolling in the DSP program. Students are placed into appropriate Math Skills courses based on the math placement test results. There are 3 levels of tests:
- A: for students with l year of Algebra or less
- B: for those with 2 years of Algebra
- C: for those who have a strong math background and wish to place into Calculus
Most DSP students take test A.
- During the first days of the program, all instructors will be evaluating the accuracy of placements to be sure students are in the appropriate courses.
- Students who miss testing dates need to contact Academic Support Programs.