All students in the DSP Program are required to:
- Pass assigned courses. Faculty will regularly assess assigned work to measure student progress and potential for success in college courses.
- Attend all classes. Students who miss more than two classes will not pass the program. Excessive tardiness will be considered as absence.
- Show a serious effort to improve, participate, and be responsible.
- Meet with faculty and staff about academic program selection. Faculty evaluation of student work will be the basis of recommendations for fall course placements.
- Attend UMass Boston after successful completion of DSP. This program is provided tuition-free for persons who will become students at this University. Students who attend DSP are being prepared for the specific courses and requirements of this University. This is not a basic skills program and is not transferable to another university.