We're delighted to introduce you to the Office of Career Services and Internships, where UMass Boston students from freshman year onward—as well as alumni—benefit from our services and programs.
Our individually tailored advising services cover these areas:
- Career opportunities and planning
- Job search skills (includes resume' preparation)
- Graduate school options
As faculty, you're an important ally in helping students make informed decisions about their future and develop lifelong career management skills.
Did you know that Career Services can be your partner as well? We can, for example:
- Help you hire qualified work-study students and teaching or research assistants.
- Give a presentation to your class or a workshop on career-related topics—perhaps on a class day when a conference or other travel plan takes you out of town.
- Post jobs, internships, or co-ops offered by employers you refer to us in our Beacon Careers Online database.
(We hope you'll share with us your employer contacts, or let them know how to contact us directly.)
- Help your students with their career and internship/co-op planning.
When you supplement your own advising with referrals to Career Services, you'll introduce your students to professional Career Specialists, each assigned to a specific college. Plus, using Focus 2 , they can match career goals to their personalities and tastes. They—and you—can also access the Career Resource Library.
We look forward to working together to provide our students with a solid foundation that links academic success to lifelong career opportunity. All UMass Boston students benefit when you keep us in the loop.