Focus 2 is a Web-based, personalized career and education planning system.
Based on established career and counseling principles, Focus 2 provides a complete picture of your interests, values, personality, and skills, using self-assessment questionnaires, interest inventories, and personality testing.
After assessing your personal attributes, the system searches its career and occupational information database to identify and analyze occupations and career paths that match your personal characteristics.
Focus 2 is free for University of Massachusetts Boston undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni.
To use Focus 2:
- Login and/or register to create an account on the Focus 2 site
- The access code is: Beacons
- You will be able to choose your own username and password when registering
- Navigate through the program using the red buttons at the bottom of the screen. You may need to scroll down to see these buttons.
- On the Main Menu, the program will keep track of your progress with check marks for each phase on the Main Menu.
- We strongly recommend speaking with a Career Specialist to discuss the results. To schedule an appointment, call 617-287-5519.
- For additional information, stop by the Office of Career Services & Internships, Campus Center, 1st Floor, 1300.
- You may visit the Focus 2 program as often as you like.