Make A Plan
Why start planning your future early in your academic career?
An early start lets you break the process into manageable steps.
Here's a suggested career planning timeline:
- Contact Career Services (617.287.5519) to make an appointment with a career specialist.
- Choose your major.
- Explore career options using Focus 2.
- Contact Career Services to activate your Beacon Careers Online account.
- If you're interested in spending a semester in a different academic setting, consider the National Student Exchange Program or a Study Abroad program.
- Work with a career counselor on résumé and interviewing skills.
- Attend a career workshops, employer information sessions, and networking events.
- Apply for an internship or co-op.
- Explore graduate study options.
- Develop and refine job search skills through workshops, coaching, and experience.
- Participate in on-campus interviews.
- Attend career-related events like the annual Career Expo.
- Regularly review job listings.
- Meet with your career counselor as necessary.