The Ross Center for Disability Services (RCDS) is committed to ensuring that all information you provide is maintained as confidential information. Any information collected is used for your benefit. This information may include: biographical history, disability information, performance reviews, and case notes. These confidential guidelines have been adopted by the RCDS and will be shared with you during the intake process.
- Disability related information is to be treated as medical information. Any information regarding your disability is considered confidential and shall be shared with others within the institution on a need-to-know basis only.
- To protect confidentiality by assuring limited access, all disability-related information must be filed with the RCDS.
- Information in files will not be released except in accordance with federal and state laws.
- Your file may be released pursuant to a court order or subpoena.
- You may give written authorization for the release of information when you wish to share it with others.
- You have the right to review your file, however, you must make an appointment to do so.