Admission Guaranteed Program
Initiated in 1989 by the University of Massachusetts Boston, the Admission Guaranteed Program guarantees admission to the University for students enrolled at Jeremiah E. Burke High School, Excel High School at (South Boston Education Complex) and Tech Boston Academy. Recruitment for the program is focused primarily on ninth graders. Through Admission Guaranteed, students who take courses in the required subject areas and meet specific program criteria are assured of admission to the University. The program is part of UMass Boston's continuing commitment to its role as a public urban university.
The goals of Admission Guaranteed are:
- To help students and their parents formulate clear educational goals and the steps necessary to achieve them.
- To provide concrete incentives for students to achieve at a higher level.
- To increase student's awareness of available opportunities for post-secondary education.
- To raise the level of student's preparedness for higher education.
- To provide support for the target schools in their efforts to help students with the process of applying for admission to college and seeking financial aid.
- To increase the number of graduates from the target schools who go on to enroll in the University of Massachusetts Boston, or in other institutions of higher education.
- To strengthen the partnership between the University and the target schools.