Follow these 7 steps to complete your application. Please make sure that you do not leave any questions blank throughout the whole application. If any of the questions do not apply to you, put N/A (Not Applicable).
- Fill in your personal and educational information on Part I and II.
- Fill in your family information in Part III.
- Ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to fill out and sign the Income Statement in Part IV. You will also need to submit one of the following: Income Verification--a copy of your recent tax return Form 1040 or 1040EZ, or a letter from the Department of Transitional Assistance and/or Social Security documenting your family income.
- With the help of your parent(s)/guardian(s), please complete the Medical Release and History Form in Part V and Part VI.
- Ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to read and sign the Parent(s) Contract of Participation in Part VII. You need to read and sign the Student Contract of Participation in Part VIII.
- You and your parent(s)/guardian(s) should complete the Release of Information in Part IX. Please ask your guidance counselor for a copy of your complete high school transcript and copies of your most recent MCAS and Stanford 9 scores. If a student is enrolled in special education course(s) a current copy of his or her Individual Education Plan must accompany the application.
- Choose a teacher and a community leader or a school official who knows your work as a student and your commitment toward your education. Ask him or her to write a short letter of recommendation. You should give this person the attached letter of recommendation form.
Thank you for your interest in the Upward Bound Program. As soon as we receive your completed application, we will schedule an interview with you. We believe that Upward Bound offers an exciting opportunity for you to work toward your future educational goals, and we look forward to working with you to achieve those goals.