- Academic instruction in: Math, English, Writing, Basic Computer Skills, Laboratory Science, Study Skills and other subjects necessary for success in education beyond the high school level.
- Instruction designed to prepare participants for careers in fields that their peers are underrepresented in.
- Academic advice and assistance.
- Tutorial assistance.
- College and financial aid application assistance.
- Exposure to cultural events, academic programs, and other educational activities that have not been otherwise experienced.
- Activities designed to acquaint veterans participating in the program with the range of career options available to them.
- Assistance in securing veteran services from other locally available resources.
- Free use of some University facilities, while participating in the Veterans Upward Bound Program.