Adding value to your university education: It’s what the Testing Center is all about. Our assessment services realistically measure your skill levels in key areas. Testing saves you time and money by helping you choose the right courses and levels that will build on your current knowledge and skills.
The Testing Center is located at the Campus Center, upper level, room 133, next to the One Stop Center. We offer a variety of testing services for new and continuing UMass Boston students, both degree and non–degree, and for the general public.
- Critical reading and writing assessment
- Mathematics placement examinations
- Spanish Language Placement Test
- The College–Level Examination Program, or CLEP
- Accuplacer examinations
- Proctoring services for online and distance learning courses
- Testing for university departments and programs
- Testing in English as a Second Language, offered to non–native speakers of English, for placement into university courses
Please review Testing Center policies before arriving.
A division of the University Advising Center. Member, National College Testing Association and Consortium of College Testing Centers
Our mission is to provide accessible, comprehensive testing services for UMass Boston students and the community. All tests are administered under standardized conditions that are efficient, fair, and secure. We maintain and adhere to all standards and guidelines set forth by the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC).