Welcome to the University of Massachusetts, Boston’s Procurement Credit Card Program (Procard). The program was designed to streamline the process of purchasing small amounts of approved commodities. By offering an alternative to the existing UMass Boston’s procurement processes, it provides an extremely efficient method of purchasing and paying for goods. It will enable you to purchase approved commodities directly from any vendor that accepts MasterCard.
The benefits of the Purchasing Card are significant:
Benefits to the Cardholder
- Ability to shop in many formats - internet, by phone, in person.
- Eliminates the need for small dollar purchase orders.
- Provides convenience, security and flexibility.
- Allows you to obtain goods faster.
- Paperless Statements @ https://home.cards.citidirect.com/CommercialCard/Cards.html (for online statements & card management)
Benefits to UMass Boston
- Reduces the number of invoices, checks and purchase orders.
- Enables Administration to focus on value-added activities.
- Enables Procurement to focus on high dollar purchase orders for more timely processing.
- Capitalizes on the worldwide acceptance of MasterCard.
As with any financial instrument, you should be aware of UMass Boston’s policies and restrictions prior to obtaining and using the card. The Procard Card is to be used only for purchases related to university business and can only be used to purchase allowable commodities (allowable/restricted). UMass Boston prefers users to utilize the ePro Marketplace in PeopleSoft to place orders with participating vendors. Use of the card for personal purchases is strictly prohibited and subject to disciplinary actions.