Admitted Students Checklist
Congratulations and Welcome!
Take the next step and become a UMass Boston student.
- Your $200 deposit holds your place at the university.
- At Orientation you’ll work with student orientation leaders, a group of upperclassmen trained to help you transition to the university. You’ll also make some new friends and register for your first-semester courses.
Take the Math Placement Exam
- Placement in math courses is done using ALEKS, an online mathematics assessment and learning tool. All new first-year freshmen and transfer students who have not met their college’s math requirement are expected to take the math placement exam at least two weeks prior to orientation. You can access ALEKS through your WISER account by using the login and password that you were sent upon matriculation. You should receive an email and letter with your WISER login information once we have processed your New Student Deposit.
- To be ready for the start of classes, you are required to provide proof of immunization compliance by returning an immunization form to Health Services. Also, you must participate in a school-sponsored qualifying Student Health Program or an alternate health plan with comparable coverage.
- Where you choose to live will play an important part in your overall experience at UMass Boston. The Office of Student Housing can help you find roommates and a place to call home.
- Be sure to keep up on financial aid, as well as student employment and scholarship opportunities.
- UMass Boston has some great places to enjoy full meals or to just grab a snack on your way to class. The SOGO Cash Card ensures you always have funds set aside for food.
- UMass Boston offers over 100 student-run clubs and hundreds more special activities sponsored both on campus and off.
- If you're joining UMass Boston from another country, be sure to pay attention to all your important next steps after you have been admitted to the university.
Let us know if you have any questions: 617-287-6100