Transfer Open House
Transfer Open House Draws 550 People
The semi-annual Transfer Open House recognizes that transfer students have questions and needs that are different from those of first-time freshmen. Five hundred and fifty guests from 11 states attended Transfer Open House on November 10. Guests traveled from as far away as New Jersey and Cape Cod to attend the popular recruitment event.
Quincy College student Calla Bouchie attended the event with her mother, who is a nurse and teaches two classes at UMass Boston. They felt very “welcomed into the UMass Boston community.”
Transfer Open House is designed for:
- Students with as little as one college-level course who are interested in transferring to UMass Boston.
- Students who have recently applied as a transfer to UMass Boston.
What You Can Expect:
- Learn about our 80+ majors from college representatives.
- To learn more about transferring your credits, attend a transfer credit presentation.
- Learn about applying to UMass Boston – you can even submit an application on the spot.
- Speak with staff from Admissions, Financial Aid, Merit Scholarships, and Veterans Affairs.
- Find out about local housing and learn how our Housing Gateway can help you find a roommate.
Please Note: Transfer Open House is NOT an orientation event and is not intended to provide individual academic advising or access to course registration. Once admitted to UMass Boston, you will receive an invitation to Beacon Beginnings: Transfer Student Orientation.
For disability-related accommodations, including dietary accommodations, please visit www.ada.umb.edu.