Beacon Fitness Center
- Congratulations BFC Graduating Seniors!
- Click here to join the 2015 UMass Boston Spring Challenge! Win a FITBIT!
- **To reserve a racquetball court please contact the Beacon Fitness Center front desk at 617.287.6786 or reserve in person. Reservations can only be made "DAY OF" and are limited to 60 min. To view openings, please click here.
The University of Massachusetts Boston's Beacon Fitness Center is dedicated to the students, alumni, staff, and faculty of UMass Boston. Here you will find a friendly, healthy environment for everybody from the beginning exerciser to the well-conditioned athlete. Our staff is trained to provide basic instruction and help you no matter what your workout needs are. If you prefer the structure of a group exercise class, check out the schedule link below. Our classes include Zumba®, yoga, core training, and circuit.
The Beacon Fitness Center is located in the McCormack Hall on the first floor. For more information, follow the links below or call 617.287.6786.
- Membership Eligibility and Procedures
- Rules and Regulations
- Group Fitness Schedule
- Cardiorespiratory Training Guidelines
- Cardiorespiratory Training Guidelines Part 2
- Resistance Training Objectives
- Strength Training Guidelines
- Personal Training Info
- Personal Training Registration Form
- Request Use of Beacon Fitness Space (Recognized Student Organizations Only)
|Hours of Operation***|
|Monday–Thursday||6 a.m.–9 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m.–8 p.m.|
|Doors lock 30 min prior to closing, NO entry after that time.|
***The Beacon Fitness Center will be closed/hours adjusted on the following dates:***
Memorial Day: Monday, May 25
The Beacon Fitness Center will also close for all university-dictated closings due to weather or other emergencies. For more questions, call 617.287.6786 during operating hours.