Submitting a Request for Space or RFP
We encourage you to submit your request online via our electronic Space Request Form. The following protocols govern space requests and confirmations in the Campus Center:
- Requests in all spaces are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Typically space requests are confirmed within (2-5) business days. The timeliness of the confirmation depends on the space availability and the complexity of your event details.
- Please keep in mind that all classroom and academic space requests must be made to the Registrar’s office.
- Specific space requests will be taken into consideration; however, spaces will be scheduled based on priority, the needs of the event, and the most efficient use of space. The Campus Center reserves the right to reassign or cancel space (with the appropriate notice, signage and price changes). Priority will be given to first to:
(1) UMass Boston student organizations and University departments
(2) University co-sponsored or affiliated programs
(3) Non-University events
Confirmations for Space Requests
- Within (1) business day of submitting your space request, the primary contact person will receive an email acknowledgement that the request was received.
- A confirmation or denial will be made within (2-3) business days of the request. Responses may take additional time if the venue has received a large number of requests in a short period of time.
- Your reservation will be considered incomplete or “tentative” until the venue has received the appropriate account or billing information, and you have met with the venue staff member to confirm all set-up, equipment and services connected to your event/meeting. All pertinent information must be received no later than (5) business days prior to the date of the event.
Event Changes and Cancellations
The Campus Center reserves the right to cancel and release your space if the appropriate billing and/or set-up information is not received within (5) business days. If the university is closed due to snow or other inclement weather, all UMass Boston events may be canceled.
Please inform the Campus Center of your need to change or cancel an existing reservation by submitting the Change/Cancellation Form.