June 5 to August 11, 2023
UMass Boston campus is south of downtown Boston located on Columbia Point peninsula*
Participants will receive:
- $6000 stipend
- Housing stipend
- (Please note that the CREST-REU program will not be providing housing in Summer 2023)
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- enrolled in college for the fall 2023 (i.e. students who will graduate with a bachelor's degree by June 2023 are not eligible to apply)
- have successfully completed an introductory course/course sequence major (e.g. biology, ecology, geology, chemistry, policy, economics, and management)
- have or be willing to find housing in the Boston area
- be able to participate in the program full time, possibly including weekends doing field and laboratory work.
The CREST-REU program is committed to expanding diversity in Coastal and Marine sciences and social sciences through research opportunities that provide a welcoming and inclusive learning environment. We encourage students from all backgrounds to apply including students of color, students from the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, and students with disabilities.
March 15, 2023 or until positions are filled.
Contact Dr. Helen Poynton, CREST-REU Director, email: firstname.lastname@example.org