Mission of the Advisory Board
The advisory board assists the director in the qualitative and quantitative development of the center.
Specifically, as a leadership forum, the board will:
- Serve as the center’s primary external advisory body, providing advice and counsel for the center’s academic, service, consultancy and outreach programs in these times of exceptional possibilities and opportunity both in the USA and world-wide.
- Play a vital function in the friend-raising and fund-raising efforts of the director aimed at enhancing the academic programs and providing valuable resources for research and graduate student recruitment
- Address pertinent issues as they affect the progress of the center’s programs
- Provide visionary guidance to the director and his colleagues
- Serve as an advocate for the center nationally and internationally in promoting its academic programs, excellence in the education of its graduate students, and in recruiting activities
- Assist the center in assessing prospective programs and recommending new initiatives that will positively impact the desired growth of the center
- Contribute their expertise to the center’s strategic planning process and the annual review of the strategic plan.