Policy Briefs & Fact Sheets
- On Solid Ground Brief 3: Falling into Gaps and Dropping off Cliffs:Challenges Facing Low-Income Families in Their Attempts to Gain Financial Security
- On Solid Ground Brief 2:Characteristics of Extremely Low-Income Families in MA
- The Family Poverty Trap: How Youth are put at Risk by Parents' Low-Wage Jobs
- On Solid Ground Brief 1: The Persistent Cycle of Instability for Low-Income Families in Massachusetts
- Poverty in Massachusetts 2008-2012
- Poverty in Massachusetts 2005-2009
Fact Sheets on Poverty in Massachusetts, 2008-2012 ACS Estimates
Who is poor in Massachusetts?
How does the Commonwealth fare compared to the US in terms of poverty rates?
Which Massachusetts cities have the lowest and highest poverty rates?
Researchers at the Center for Social Policy have created eight one-page fact sheets on poverty in the Massachusetts using the recently released five-year sample of the American Community Survey.
Each provides information of poverty among a particular demographic groups comparing Massachusetts rates to that in the US, providing the distribution of the whole population and the total poor population, and comparing poverty rates in the 10 largest Massachusetts cities.
Join Our Mailing List
To keep up with the latest happenings and receive in-depth research and analysis coverage
Center for Social Policy
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd.