Support Our Work & Get Involved

University of Massachusetts Boston is a public university—Boston's only public higher educational institution—and receives funding through the state. But only with additional assistance from private donors, corporate sponsors, and foundations can the university’s centers and programs continue to sustain their commitment to excellence.

There are many ways to support the work of the Center for Social Policy:

  1. To support the work of the center financially, please visit our Giving page here and designate one of the following on the online form: 
    • "Center for Social Policy operations" supports the Center’s overall work, where needed
    • "The Donna Haig Friedman Fund for Community Voices” at the Center for Social Policy, was established to support the active participation of families experiencing economic hardship in community research, in guiding program development, and crafting policies so that systems reflect the reality of their lives.
    • "The Elaine Werby Internship" provides financial assistance to an undergraduate or graduate student from any academic discipline at UMass Boston who wishes to gain professional experience in the area of the center's research and evaluation related to eradication of poverty, especially in Massachusetts, New England, and the United States.
    • For payment by check, please write the check payable to UMass Boston and on the memo line add “Center for Social Policy” ,“CSP Friedman Fund” or "Werby Internship." Our address is: Center for Social Policy, Healey Library, 10th Floor, University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd., Boston, MA 02125
  2. Sign up for our newsletter!
  3. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
  4. Tell a friend: Who should get to know us-let us know?!
  5. I have a project idea and would like to set-up a thinking session with you.

Center for Social Policy

Healey Library, 10th Floor, Room 12
University of Massachusetts Boston
100 Morrissey Blvd.
Boston, MA 02125 USA