- The Program for Women in Politics and Public Policy held its graduation ceremony. The attendees of this year's graduation ceremony were honored by the presence and keynote speech from U.S. Attorney Carmen Ortiz.
- Caring for Women: A Profile of the Midwifery Workforce in Massachusetts was released at the State House.
- MA Midwifery Workforce Report Highlights on WBUR CommonHealth Blog, (WBUR,4/14/11)
- Boston Herald cites midwifery workforce shortage from recent report (Boston Herald, 4/19/11
- The center held its 30th Women's Research Forum and, in partnership with the Labor Resource Center, released a report on women's status in the construction trades: Unfinished Business: Building Equality for Women in the Construction Trades.
- The Research Fellowship Initiative for Women of Color Leaders was launched at a State House event. Watch the news conference on YouTube.
- "I Want My Million Dollars!" Why Every Woman Should Care about the Wage Gap, featuring Evelyn Murphy, PhD, former lieutenant governor and director of the WAGE Project.
Watch ON C-SPAN,
- UMass Boston Offers First Demographic Analysis of Recovery Act Jobs
- Sarah Rial, a 2006 graduate of our Women in Politics and Public Policy Graduate Certificate Program, was presented the prestigious 2010 Eleanor Roosevelt Award for Human Rights from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
Our award-winning Graduate Certificate Program for Women in Politics & Public Policy is now accepting applications for September 2012.