Members of the Facilities Department staff provide operations, maintenance, and repair support for the university’s 11 main campus buildings and grounds, covering more than 2 million gross square feet of space and 120 acres of grounds.
Most operations, maintenance and repair work is performed based on work orders submitted by members of the university community or auto-generated by the Facilities Department Work Management System (e.g., preventive maintenance work orders).
Work orders can be submitted in several ways:
- The primary method for submitting a work order is to use the online application Facilities iService (FiS). This method will allow you to create, submit, and track the status of your service request. The work order system enables the customers to easily enter routine maintenance service requests electronically;
- Send an email to email@example.com;
- Contact the Facilities Response Center directly by calling 617.287.5450. This number is answered by Service Response staff Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Utility plant operators can assist on all off-hour issues. Call 617.287.5450.
When submitting a work order, it is important that you provide the following information:
- first and last name of the requestor;
- telephone number and email address for the requestor;
- the exact location of the problem being reported and/or work is to be performed; and
- a full description of the work requested.
You can track information on your work order via the Facilities Department online application Facilities iService (FiS).
If you have any questions, please contact the Facilities Service Response Center at 617.287.5450.
The Facilities Department Service Response Desk is located in the Service and Supply Building, Upper Level, Room 001.