The Haitian Studies Association provides a forum for the exchange and dissemination of ideas and knowledge in order to inform pedagogy, practice, and policy about Haiti in a global context.
To this end, we work to
- infuse scholarship with new ideas, and to make it relevant to Haitian reality
- advance to its rightful place the historical and potential contributions of Haiti to a pluralistic world
- celebrate the achievements of Haitians while affirming the inherent dignity of their history
- bridge the gap between the Haitian Diaspora, Haiti, and Caribbean
- recognize the diversity that exists among Haitians