Mission and Values
To contribute to an environment that values education, prevention, wellness, and community responsibility. We support the academic success and personal development of our students by providing excellent care in welcoming and inclusive environments.
Our vision is to enhance the mission of higher education through promoting optimal health and well being to the campus community.
- We believe in human dignity, social justice and personal respect for all individuals.
- We believe that healthcare is an individual right.
- We are committed to the provision of prevention based student-centered health services.
- We participate in the advancement of healthcare through research, practice and quality management.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of professional excellence, responsiveness and ethical practice.
- We support the greater educational mission of the university and embrace our role within it.
- Provide high quality, accessible, cost-effective health care and behavioral health services to the UMB campus community.
- Heighten the awareness of health promotion and disease prevention throughout the campus and throughout the local community.
- Assure physical space, layout, medical and technological equipment and environment is conducive to supporting up to date delivery of healthcare, behavioral health and educational services
- Integrate our services with other departments and programs who share like goals, objectives, and vision.