The mission of Project ALERTA is to provide enrichment programs for Latino students and English language learners (ELL) in grades 3 through 5 in the Boston Public Schools for the primary purpose of helping improve their academic skills. ALERTA also aims to cultivate young citizens and civic leaders who can respond to their local and global communities’ needs in the areas of art, math and science, education, social development, and social justice. We achieve these by implementing stimulating, thematic, and guided programs that are inspired by our young leaders, developed by dedicated teachers, supported by engaged parents, influenced by the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks, and tailored to the needs of the communities we aim to serve.
Institute for Learning and Teaching
- Boston Writing Project
- Center of Science and Mathematics in Context (COSMIC)
- Hispanic Writers Week
- Institute for Early Education Leadership and Innovation
- Institute for Learning & Teaching (ILT)
- New England Resource Center for Higher Education
- Northeast Regional Center for Vision Education
- Project ALERTA
- Talented and Gifted (TAG) Latino Program
Giving to UMass Boston
Support educational innovation for K-12 learners with a gift to the Institute for Learning and Teaching.