What We Do / Resources
What We Do
Community Relations is the primary contact for individuals, business, and community organizations and local municipalities that seek involvement with UMass Boston. The Office of Community Relations supports numerous on campus activities on behalf of the community, working closely with such areas as
- Athletics and Recreation, Special Projects and Programs
- Performing Arts Department
- College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- College of Management
The Office of Community Relations continues to increase UMass Boston's visibility, ensuring that UMass Boston's story is being told and connections and partnerships are being formed throughout the greater Boston area and beyond.
As you explore our website you will discover the variety of community outreach programs and activities, community projects with our students and faculty, and other opportunities we provide. Our website will also keep you informed about the university's community outreach efforts, upcoming events, meetings, resources, and reports.
We would like to invite our community to join us at campus events, take a class, cheer on the Beacons, volunteer, and explore the many ways you can get involved with UMass Boston.
For Our Friends and Neighbors (PDF)
Support for Businesses and Entrepreneurs
- Greater Boston Manufacturing Partnership (GBMP)
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network (MSBDC)
- Venture Development Center (VDC)
Athletics and Marine Operations
Research and Community Development
- Boston-area Advanced Technological Education Connections (BATEC)
- Center for Social Development and Education
- Institute for Asian American Studies
- Mauricio Gaston Institute for Latino Community Development and Public Policy
- Urban Harbors Institute
- William Joiner Center for the Study of War and Social Consequences
- William Monroe Trotter Institute for the Study of Black Culture