Programs, Events & Activities
You don’t need to be a student, faculty or staff member to take advantage of many of the programs, events, and activities UMass Boston has to offer. Here are a few of the ways to get involved.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
The OLLI is part of a worldwide movement for learners 50 and older who are retired or partially retired. For a modest cost, you can enrich your life. Learn more.>
GoKids Boston workers to improve the health, wellness and overall outlook of pre-teens and teens, providing personalized instruction and support to help kids become more physically active, improve fitness, eat nutritiously, and gain self-confidence. Find out more.>
- Fall Convocation - Join us in our kickoff to the new school year. Contact the Office of University Events and Ceremonies at 617.287.5313 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information.
- IDEAS UMass Boston - The region’s leading thinkers share their big ideas to solve problems in a changing society. Join them on Oct. 26, 2016. Find out more.>
Athletics & Recreation
Like to swim, skate, or work out? The UMass Boston Clark Athletic Center swimming pool and ice rink is open to community members. The Beacon Fitness Center in McCormack Hall is open to alumni. Download a community membership form and get started on the path to good health!
More than 150 school, charitable, government and private organizations choose UMass Boston athletics facilities as their venue each year at little or no cost. Make a request today.
Dock Your Boat
If you want to use the facilities at Columbia Point, you can dock your boat with UMass Boston.
Visit the Division of Marine Operations website for more information or call 617.287.5404.
Learn to Sail
Anyone can take part in UMass Boston’s sailing program. Community members need to buy a boating pass through the Division of Marine Operations.
The sailing program has a fleet of:
- 14 Cape Cod Mercurys (beginners)
- 5 Laser sailing boats
- 3 Club 420s (more seasoned sailors)
- 3 Olympic Class Solings (more advanced skippers and crews)