Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Following are answers to some frequently asked questions about IT at UMass Boston. Tip: to show the answer, click "Show answer." :–)
UMass On-Line Resources
- Since installing Internet Explorer 10, I cannot use UMass administrative systems (WISER, WebNow, etc). How do I fix this?
- How do I access my WISER account?
- How do I change or reset my password for WISER, email, Blackboard, etc.?
- What is my username for WISER, email, Blackboard, etc.?
- What is my default password?
- What are the email servers for setting up my email?
- How do I report an error or request a change to the UMass Boston web site?
- How do I disable my pop up blocker for HR Direct / Blackboard?
- How do I clear the cache and cookies from my browser after logging in to WISER, etc.?
- Does UMass Boston offer software for faculty or staff?
- Is there any training available for these products?
- I am using Windows XP. Do I have to upgrade?
- What security/anti-virus software should I use?
- What software is available for students?
- What training workshops are being offered at UMass Boston?
- Is there other training available?
- How do I protect my PC from spyware and other malware?
- How do I protect my password?
- Do you have more tips on safe computing?
- How do I get access to the UMB-Staff-Fac wireless network?
- How do I get access to the UMB-Guest wireless network?
- I am having trouble connecting to the UMB-Student Wi-Fi network. Are there any troubleshooting tips?
- How do I have surplus equipment removed from my office?
- How do I fix a computer or printer problem?
- Are there discounts for buying computers through UMass Boston?