- Perceptive Content (WebNow) will be unavailable due to system maintenance beginning Friday, Sept. 22nd at 5:00 p.m. EDT through Saturday, Sept. Sept. 23rd
- Latest Java update (v.8 update 144) is required for WebNow
WebNow provides access, through a web browser, to documents stored in ImageNow, our document imaging system.
Log into WebNow
WebNow requires Java. Please use Safari or Internet Explorer to access WebNow.
You can not use Firefox, Edge or Chrome because they do not support Java.
Please bookmark this page for easy access to the WebNow login link.
Do not bookmark the login page.
To log in:
- Go to WebNow
- Enter your campus email user ID (the part of your email address before the @ sign) and password
- Select the Boston campus
- Click Login
To install a compatible version of Java:
Windows users: Access the following link on Internet Explorer and follow the instructions to verify and update Java: Verify and Update Java for Windows
Mac users: Download and run this installer: Update Java for OS X
- Verify that your browser supports Java:
- Supported: Internet Explorer and Safari
- Unsupported: Chrome, Edge or Firefox
- Check Java's security settings (click here for instructions—updated March 2017).
- Reboot your computer.
- On OS X, delays may be caused by McAfee anti-virus (Click here for instructions).
For additional assistance, please contact the IT Service Desk (email@example.com; 617-287-5220).
Consider including the following in your request: Your web browser, operating system & a screenshot of the browser when the problem occurs.
Send a message to Peggy Roldan Patel (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Graduate Admissions, to request access to the system as a Graduate Program Director, GPD Assistant, Committee Member. Please include your employee ID.
You will be notified by the security administrator when your access is granted.
- Graduate Admissions Guide: [Windows] [OS X]
- Step-by-Step Instructions for Graduate Program Directors
- How to Set a Default to Open a Document in a Larger Size
- How to Set Related Documents to Appear Automatically
- How to Move from One Related Document to the Next
- How to Search for Documents in the Document Repository (March 2017)
- How to Manage Your Document Imaging Email in Outlook 2007, 2010, and WebMail (Office 365)
Click on the Video link. Be sure to adjust your computer's volume.
|Using Document Keys||Video|
|Viewing a Document||Video|
|Searching for a Document||Video|
|Finding Applications in the Processing Queue||Video|
|Understanding Application Linking||Video|
|Approving or Denying Applications (GPDs Only)||Video|
Online Tutorials (UPK):
The UMass Productivity Kit (UPK) allows you to view a tutorial in several modes: "See It", "Try It", and "Know It".
How to Use the UPK Player
When you click on a link above to the UPK, a new window will open. Click on the + to expand the list of topics. After you select a topic, you will be able to choose a mode. The "See It" mode allows you to watch a brief video; the "Try It" mode waits for you to click and enter values; for the "Know It" mode you must first print out the job aid for the topic and then follow the directions. Be sure to allow pop-ups in your web browser.