Reserving a Lab for Classroom Use
- Use the online lab reserve for to reserve standard labs (Blue, White, Purple, Gold, Mac A , Mac C, and Green) for courses, presentations, orientations, and for virtual computer labs, mobile laptops, and iPad carts.
- Important Change: email@example.com is no longer in service. Do not submit any reservation requests via email or telephone. Resubmit changes to prior requests only with the online lab reservation form.
Computer labs located in the Upper Level and third floor of the Healey Library are available to reserve for classroom use during the following fall and spring hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:45 a.m.-9:45 p.m.
Friday 7:45 a.m.-6:45 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m.-2:45 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m.-4:45 p.m.
The blue, white, gold, purple, Mac A, and Mac C labs are available for classroom use. To reserve a lab you need to fill out a lab reservation form.
**The green lab is now the "Decision Making Research Lab" scheduled exclusively by the Economics Department during afternoons. Morning slots may be made available. Contact: T: 617.287.6950 or via email at Michael.Carr@umb.edu
** The Taylor labs are scheduled exclusively by CPCS and the Navitas Group. Contact: Regine.Paul@umb.edu. T: 617.287.7381
- Reserve labs one week prior to need to allow for proper scheduling and availability posting.
- The University of Massachusetts Boston academic programs lasting the entire semester get first priority, followed by short term reservations (i.e., for one day or one month only). Grant funded programs not directly related to the students enrolled in the university meeting the deadline will be processed next. Any reservations regardless of program status received after the deadline are filled on availability and first-come first-served basis.
- Verify that the software you need is available in the computer labs. Information about classroom and public labs, hardware and software resources, lab reservation usage policies, reservation procedures and deadlines can be found here.
Software Installation Policy
In the event that the software required for your lab is not on the software installation images for fall 2015, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide information concerning licenses of software you or the university own that you wish to be installed on the networks or hard drives for the appropriate number of stations in the lab. The computer labs operations manager retains a copy of the license agreement on file.
You are required to test the functionality of your additional non-listed software prior to bringing your class to the lab because you and technical staff are familiar with criteria for performance of software not in the computer lab portfolio. You will be notified by a technician about a time to test your software.
Installation of non-listed software in standard labs may take up to three weeks after the semester starts and the computer lab images have been finalized depending on licensing and imaging restraints.
- If you intend to use software installed during a previous semester on the networks or hard drives, you must call to verify that the software is still available by contacting email@example.com.
Confirmations, Cancellations, and Changes
Cancellations of confirmed reservations require three-day advance notification by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can offer the lab to other faculty and staff.
As courtesy to IT staff and faculty, please change an original reservation as early as possible by resubmitting the online form with additional edits.