UMass Boston is pleased to offer all students, faculty, and staff 50 GB of email storage, 1 TB (1,000 GB) of file storage with sharing and collaboration features, office apps online, and a free copy of Microsoft Office.
Free Microsoft Office for Students
Students can download Microsoft office and use it on up to five devices as long as they are active UMass Boston students.
Accessing your account
You can access your UMass Boston email, OneDrive storage, and Office apps online via the web at:
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to many frequently asked questions (FAQ), please see our
For introductory lessons on using the features of Office 365, including OneDrive sharing and office apps online, see:
Some common scenarios explained at the Office 365 Training Center include:
If you're new to Office 365, Microsoft has help and general reference here:
Outlook web app help (general reference)
If you want to set up email on your computer or mobile device, see:
If you want to set up forwarding, see Forward email messages to another account
As always, if you need additional information, contact the IT Service Desk at 617.287.5220 or at ITServicedesk@umb.edu.
Setup / Configuration - UMass Boston documents
- Configure Outlook 2011 for the Mac
- Configure Apple Mail for the Mac
- Set up a new profile (Outlook 2011 for the Mac on campus) 1.3 MB PDF
- Configure LDAP (Mac Outlook 2011) 298 KB PDF
- Configure Outlook for Windows (On Campus) [pdf]
- Configure Outlook for Windows (Manual or Off Campus) [pdf]
- Importing a PST (archive) file Windows - Office 2010 and 2007 [pdf]
- iPhone/iPad Setup (automatic) On Campus [pdf]
- iPhone/iPad Setup - manual or Off Campus [pdf]