On August 1 and 2, Microsoft upgraded the university's Office 365 email service to a new version with new features. (For more information about the new Outlook Web App, see Learn about the changes to the Outlook Web App.) If you are no longer able to access your email after the upgrade, please see Office 365 Wave 15 Upgrade.
UMass Boston Office 365 email requires you to access your UMass Boston email using the new outlook.com mail servers exclusively. The university's old SMTP, POP, and IMAP servers (email.umb.edu) have been removed.
You can access your UMass Boston email via the web at webmail.umb.edu.
Frequently Asked Questions
For answers to many frequently asked questions (FAQ), please see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Documentation & Training
Setup / Configuration - Determine your server address
- As of August 2, 2013, all UMass Boston email accounts use this Exchange server address:
- How to determine the POP, IMAP, or SMTP settings for your Office 365 account
Setup / Configuration - UMass Boston documents
- Configure Outlook 2011 for the Mac
- Configure Apple Mail for the Mac
- Set up a new profile (Outlook 2011 for the Mac on campus) 1.3 MB PDF
- Configure LDAP (Mac Outlook 2011) 298 KB PDF
- Configure Outlook for Windows (On Campus) [pdf]
- Configure Outlook for Windows (Manual or Off Campus) [pdf]
- Importing a PST (archive) file Windows - Office 2010 and 2007 [pdf]
- iPhone/iPad Setup (automatic) On Campus [pdf]
- iPhone/iPad Setup - manual or Off Campus [pdf]
Setup / Configuration - Microsoft help
- Outlook web app help (general reference)
- Email setup help wizard
- How to configure your mobile device (smartphone, iPad, etc.)
As always, if you need additional information, contact the IT Service Desk at 617.287.5220 or at ITServicedesk@umb.edu.